Founded in 1975 as the all Union Research Institute of Applied Enzimology, currently, the Institute of Biotechnology is mainly involved in research and training in the fields of biotechnology and molecular biology, including research and development of recombinant biomedical proteins, genetic and molecular studies of restriction modification phenomenon, developing of viruses diagnostics, epigenetic study of small RNA, drug design and synthesis, bioinformatics.
Laboratory of Bioinformatics • Software
- CAD-score: evaluation of protein structural models against the reference structure
Reference: Olechnovič K., Kulberkytė E. and Venclovas Č. (2012) CAD-score: a new contact area difference-based function for evaluation of protein structural models. Proteins, DOI: 10.1002/prot.24172.
- Voroprot: an interactive tool for the analysis and visualization of complex geometric features of protein structure
Reference: Olechnovič K., Margelevičius M. and Venclovas Č. (2011) Voroprot: an interactive tool for the analysis and visualization of complex geometric features of protein structure. Bioinformatics, 27:723-724.
- PDEXK server for detection of new protein families from the PDEXK superfamily
Reference: Laganeckas M., Margelevičius M. and Venclovas Č. (2011) Identification of new homologs of PD-(D/E)XK nucleases by Support Vector Machines trained on data derived from profile-profile alignments. Nucleic Acids Res., 39:1187-1196.
- COMA: a method for detection of distant evolutionary relationships
Reference: Margelevičius M. and Venclovas Č. (2010) Detection of distant evolutionary relationships between protein families using theory of sequence profile-profile comparison. BMC Bioinformatics, 11:89.
- Re-searcher: a system for recurrent searches of homologs in protein sequence databases
Reference: Repšys V., Margelevičius M. and Venclovas Č. (2008) Re-searcher: a system for recurrent detection of homologous protein sequences. BMC Bioinformatics, 9:296.
- The PSI-BLAST Intermediate Sequence Search tool: PSI-BLAST-ISS
Reference: Margelevičius M., Venclovas Č. (2005) PSI-BLAST-ISS: an intermediate sequence search tool for estimation of the position-specific alignment reliability. BMC Bioinformatics 6(1):185
- Useful tools